Stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted, depriving brain tissue of oxygen and nutrients. Stroke is a medical emergency.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Mar. 08, 2013
- Saadoun D, et al. Behcet's disease. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2012;7:1.
- Questions and answers about Behcet's disease. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Behcets_Disease/default.asp. Accessed Nov. 15, 2012.
- Mendes D, et al. Behcet's disease — A contemporary review. Journal of Autoimmunity. 2009;32:178.
- Ambrose NL, et al. Differential diagnosis and management of Behcet syndrome. Nature Reviews Rheumatology. In press. Accessed Jan. 13, 2013.
- Okada AA, et al. Multicenter study of infliximab for refractory uveoretinitis in Behcet disease. Archives of Ophthalmology. 2012;130:592.
- Arida A, et al. Anti-TNF agents for Behcet's disease: Analysis of published data on 369 patients. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2011;41:61.
- Benitah NR, et al. The use of biologic agents in the treatment of ocular manifestations of Behcet's disease. Seminars in Ophthalmology. 2011;26:295.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.