Tests and diagnosis
A pelvic exam may be done as a part of a routine checkup to evaluate your gynecologic health or to help diagnose a medical condition.
March 26, 2015
- Maldonado VA, et al. Benign vulvar tumors. Best Practice and Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2014;28:1088.
- Chen KT. Disorders of Bartholin's gland. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 11, 2015.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 11, 2015.
- Mayeaux EJ, et al. Vulvar procedures: Biopsy, Bartholin abscess treatment, and condyloma treatment. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 2013;40:759.
- Laughlin-Tommaso S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 15, 2015.