Lifestyle and home remedies
Aches and pains, irritability, and crying spells may have an unexpected source — stress. Recognize these and other signs and symptoms so that you can take action.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
When other treatments haven't worked, ECT may be an option. Set aside preconceived notions and learn about benefits and risks.
Treatments and drugs
How to administer first aid for a spinal injury.
June 17, 2015
- What is back pain? National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/back_pain/back_pain_ff/asp. Accessed May 29, 2015.
- Adult acute and subacute low back pain. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. http://www.icsi.org/low_back_pain/adult_low_back_pain__8.html. Accessed June 4, 2015.
- Back pain facts and statistics. American Chiropractic Association. http://www.acatoday.org/level2_css.cfm?T1ID=13&T2ID=68. Accessed May 29, 2015.
- Prevent back pain. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/everyday-healthy-living/safety/prevent-back-pain. Accessed May 29, 2015.
- Low back pain. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00311. Accessed May 29, 2015.
- Knight CL, et al. Treatment of acute low back pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 29, 2015.