Many newborns have tiny white bumps, or milia, on their faces. The best treatment is usually none at all.
June 12, 2012
- O'Connor NR, et al. Newborn skin: Part I. Common rashes. American Family Physician. 2008;77:47.
- Hay WW, et al., eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 20th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6580202. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Rashes and skin conditions. American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/bathing-skin-care/Pages/Rashes-and-Skin-Conditions.aspx. Accessed April 20, 2012.
- Pielop JA. Benign skin and scalp lesions in the newborn and young infant. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 25, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.