These tips are useful for caring for your baby's skin while he or she has acne:
June 17, 2015
- Keep your baby's face clean. Wash your baby's face daily with warm water and mild baby soap.
- Dry your baby's face gently. Simply pat your baby's skin dry.
- Don't pinch or scrub the acne. You may cause more irritation or an infection.
- Avoid using lotions or oils on your baby's face.
- AskMayoExpert. Neonatal acne. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Pielop JA. Benign skin and scalp lesions in the newborn and young infant. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Rashes and skin conditions. American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/bathing-skin-care/Pages/Rashes-and-Skin-Conditions.aspx. Accessed March 30, 2015.