Tests and diagnosis
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what to expect during a needle biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Jan. 08, 2015
- Kumar V, et al. Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Atypical hyperplasia of the breast. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Degnim AC, et al. Stratification of breast cancer risk in women with atypia: A Mayo cohort study. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2007;25:2671.
- Breast cancer risk reduction. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Breast cancer screening and diagnosis. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 6, 2014.
- Hartmann LC, et al. Atypical hyperplasia of the breast — Risk assessment and management options. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015;372:78.
- Hartmann LC, et al. Understanding the premalignant potential of atypical hyperplasia through its natural history: A longitudinal cohort study. Cancer Prevention Research. 2014;7:211.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.