Atrial fibrillation is a common heart disorder. Find out more about the causes for this heart rhythm problem.
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
A pacemaker can correct a heartbeat that's too slow. Find out the risks, results and recovery time of the procedure to implant a pacemaker.
A stress test is used to diagnose coronary artery disease and heart arrhythmias, as well as guide treatment of heart disorders.
Jun. 26, 2014
- Atrial flutter. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Atrial-Flutter#axzz2wFpvHKyW. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 13, 2014.
- Phang R. Overview of atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Cheng J. Atrial flutter: Maintenance of sinus rhythm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Ganz LI. Control of ventricular rate in atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is atrial fibrillation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/af/. Accessed March 17, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.