Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating people with atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias).
Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 4,500 people with atrial flutter each year.
- Team approach. Mayo doctors trained in evaluating and treating heart conditions (cardiologists), heart surgery (cardiac surgeons) and other doctors work closely to evaluate and treat people with atrial flutter and other heart rhythm conditions.
- Research. Doctors at Mayo actively conduct research in atrial flutter and other heart rhythm disorders and conduct clinical trials.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic doctors use the most current technology in atrial flutter and heart rhythm disorder treatment, including cardiac ablation.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
June 26, 2014
- Atrial flutter. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Atrial-Flutter#axzz2wFpvHKyW. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 13, 2014.
- Phang R. Overview of atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Cheng J. Atrial flutter: Maintenance of sinus rhythm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Ganz LI. Control of ventricular rate in atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is atrial fibrillation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/af/. Accessed March 17, 2014.