Doctors and surgeons who have training in heart rhythm disorders study genetics, causes, diagnosis and treatment options for atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm disorders. Read more about cardiovascular research on the research website.
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on atrial fibrillation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Read more about atrial fibrillation therapy and treatment and new atrial fibrillation treatment research at Mayo Clinic.
Feb. 08, 2013
- Atrial fibrillation (Afib). Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Atrial-Fibrillation-AFib. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Atrial fibrillation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/af/. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Verdecchia P, et al. Blood pressure and other determinants of new-onset atrial fibrillation in patients at high cardiovascular risk in the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination With Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial/Telmisartan Randomized AssessmeNt Study in ACE intolerant subjects with cardiovascular disease studies. Journal of Hypertension. 2012;30:1004.
- Furie KL, et al. Oral antithrombotic agents for the prevention of stroke in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: A science advisory for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2012;43:3442.
- Pradaxa prescribing information. Ridgefield, Conn.: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals;2012. https://www.pradaxa.com/pradaxa-prescribing-information.jsp. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Cardioversion. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/crv/. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Catheter ablation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation/. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Cheng J, et al. Surgical approaches to prevent recurrent atrial fibrillation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Kumar K. Antiarrhythmic drugs to maintain sinus rhythm in patients with atrial fibrillation: Recommendations. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Wann LS, et al. 2011 ACCF/AHA/HRS focused update on the management of patients with atrial fibrillation (updating the 2006 guideline): A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2011;57:223.
- Xarelto (prescribing information). Titusville, N.J.: Jansen Pharmaceuticals; 2012. http://www.xareltorems.com/rems/xarelto-prescribing-information.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- How the heart works. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/chd/heartworks.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- FDA drug safety communication: Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) should not be used in patients with mechanical prosthetic heart valves. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm332912.htm. Accessed Dec. 27, 2012.