Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to identify the long-term occurrence of non-melanoma skin cancers in patients who had ultraviolet light therapy as a child in the years 1970 to 2000.
The current clinical guidelines for management of atopic dermatitis now recommend bleach baths. This requires simply the addition of regular household bleach to twice-weekly baths. At the Mayo Clinic, dilute acetic acid (vinegar) has been recommended for decades in wet wraps to treat patients hospitalized for their atopic dermatitis. However, this practice has not been widely adopted in the pediatric dermatology community. Will the use of dilute acetic acid (vinegar) in twice weekly baths help manage atopic dermatitis in pediatric patients as well as, or better than, the current accepted guidelines?
July 25, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Atopic dermatitis (adult and pediatric). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Eichenfeld LF, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of atopic dermatitis. Section 1. Diagnosis and assessment of atopic dermatitis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;70:338.
- Archer CB. Atopic dermatitis. Medicine. In press.Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Eichenfield LF, et al. Current guidelines for the evaluation and management of atopic dermatitis: A comparison of the Joint Task Force Practice Parameter and American Academy of Dermatology guidelines. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2017;139:S49.
- Habif TP. Atopic dermatitis. In: Clinical Dermatology: A Color Atlas Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 6th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 9, 2017.
- Wolff K, et al. Atopic dermatitis ICD-10: L20. In: Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2017.
- Ibler KS, et al. Hand eczema: Prevalence and risk factors of hand eczema in a population of 2,274 health care workers. Contact Dermatitis. 2012;67:200.
- Bleach baths. National Eczema Association. https://nationaleczema.org/alternative-therapies/bleach-baths/. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Atopic dermatitis. Eczema. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/medical-conditions/a/atopic-dermatitis.aspx. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Weston WL, et al. Patient information: Atopic dermatitis (eczema) (Beyond the Basics). https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Wolter S, et al. Atopic dermatitis. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2014;61:241.
- Zhang A, et al. Association of atopic dermatitis with being overweight and obese: A systematic review and metaanalysis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2015;72:606.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 30, 2017.
Atopic dermatitis (eczema)