New and Updated
Oct. 17, 2015
Aug. 23, 2016 - Good asthma control requires organization. Find out how to track symptoms and adjust your medications accordingly.
July 26, 2016
- Martinez FD, et al. Asthma. The Lancet. 2013;382:1360.
- What is asthma? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Diagnosis and management of asthma guideline. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. https://www.icsi.org/guidelines__more/catalog_guidelines_and_more/catalog_guidelines/catalog_respiratory_guidelines/asthma/. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Global strategy for asthma management and prevention (2015 update). Global Initiative for Asthma. http://www.ginasthma.org/documents/4. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Bethesda, Md.: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Asthma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Asthma. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Updated information on leukotriene inhibitors: Montelukast (marketed as Singulair), zafirlukast (marketed as Accolate), and zileuton (marketed as Zyflo and Zyflo CR). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm165489.htm. Accessed April 27, 2015.