- Butterfield, Joseph H. M.D.
- Joshi, Avni Y. M.D.
- Kita, Hirohito M.D.
- Li, James T. M.D., Ph.D.
- Lim, Kaiser G. M.D.
- Patel, Ashokakumar M. M.D.
- Rank, Matthew A. M.D.
- Volcheck, Gerald W. M.D.
- Weiler, Catherine R. M.D., Ph.D.
Mayo Clinic's commitment to allergy research dates to the 1950s when doctors in Minnesota demonstrated the usefulness of the newly discovered glucocorticoids in treating certain allergy and asthma problems.
The Allergic Diseases Research Laboratory investigates the mechanisms of common airway and skin diseases, such as asthma, hay fever, atopic dermatitis and chronic rhinosinusitis.
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 13, 2014
- Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Bethesda, Md.: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Bailey W, et al. What do patients need to know about their asthma? http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Fanta CH. Treatment of acute exacerbations of asthma in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- What is asthma? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma/. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Hazeldine V. Pharmacological management of acute asthma exacerbations in adults. Nursing Standard. 2013;27:43.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Diagnosis and Management of Asthma Guideline. Bloomington, Minn. Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. http://mayoweb.mayo.edu/etc-ame/icsi/Asthma.pdf. Accessed Aug. 3, 2013.
- Updated information on leukotriene inhibitors: Montelukast (marketed as Singulair), zafirlukast (marketed as Accolate), and zileuton (marketed as Zyflo and Zyflo CR). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm165489.htm. Accessed Sept. 12, 2013.
- Asthma. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Alternative therapies. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=8&sub=16&cont=40. Accessed Sept. 13, 2013.
- Sheshadri A, et al. Bronchial thermoplasty: A novel therapy for severe asthma. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2013;34:437.
- Li JTC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 20, 2013.