Lifestyle and home remedies
Curious about exercise and chronic disease? Get the answers to your questions.
A cold or the flu can trigger asthma attacks. Here's how to keep your sneeze from turning into a wheeze.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Nitric oxide test — Another tool to diagnose and monitor asthma in children and adults.
Do asthma flare-ups sneak up on you? Take charge by using a peak flow meter.
Feb. 04, 2014
- Hazeldine V. Pharmacological management of acute asthma exacerbations in adults. Nursing Standard. 2013;27:43.
- Fanta CH. Treatment of acute exacerbations of asthma in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2013.
- Expert panel report 3 (EPR3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Bethesda, Md.: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/. Accessed June 23, 2013.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 24, 2013.
- Li JT (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 5, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.