Coughing up blood can indicate a variety of lung conditions, ranging from mild to life-threatening.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Nasal congestion: Causes and when to see a doctor.
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Aug. 05, 2014
- Aspergillosis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/aspergillosis/. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Marr KA. Treatment and prevention of invasive aspergillosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 11, 2013.
- Treatment of aspergillosis. Arlington, Va.: Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2008;46:327.
- Marr KA. Epidemiology and clinical manifestations of of invasive aspergillosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 11, 2013.
- Denning DW, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of chronic pulmonary aspergillosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.