Though psoriasis can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful, you can take steps to improve your symptoms.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Arthritis shouldn't keep you from exercising. Regular exercise increases your strength and flexibility, reduces pain and fights fatigue.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Corticosteroids, such as prednisone and cortisone, are used to successfully treat a variety of conditions. But these medications can also cause unwanted side effects. Get the facts here.
July 15, 2014
- Questions and answers about arthritis and rheumatic diseases. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Arthritis/arthritis_rheumatic_qa.asp. Accessed May 16, 2014.
- Venables PJW, et al. Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Mobasheri A. The future of osteoarthritis therapeutics: Targeted pharmacological therapy. Current Rheumatology Reports. 2013;15:364.
- Loeser RF. Aging processes and the development of osteoarthritis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2013;25:108.
- Osteoarthritis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Osteoarthritis/default.asp. Accessed May 16, 2014.
- Kalunian KC. Initial pharmacologic therapy of osteoarthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 18, 2014.
- Osteoarthritis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Diseases_And_Conditions/Osteoarthritis/, Accessed May 16, 2014.