- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive expertise and experience in treating arteriovenous malformations and other brain and nervous system conditions (neurological conditions).
- Team approach. At Mayo Clinic, doctors trained in brain conditions (neurologists), brain surgeons (neurosurgeons), brain imaging specialists (neuroradiologists) and other specialists work together as an integrated, coordinated team to diagnose AVMs and develop the most appropriate treatment plan for you.
- Individualized treatment. Doctors will discuss with you all your treatment options and develop an individualized treatment plan based on your risk of complications, the location and size of the AVM, and your overall health.
- Efficient system. In Mayo Clinic's efficient system, your testing and treatment can be done in days, not weeks. The team performs many surgeries to treat all types of arteriovenous malformations, from the simplest to the most complex condition.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience treating AVMs with surgical removal, stereotactic radiosurgery and endovascular embolization. Doctors may also use awake brain surgery during surgical removal.
- Research. Doctors study new and improved diagnostic techniques and treatment options for arteriovenous malformations.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
July 21, 2010
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.