Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in blood vessel conditions (vascular medicine), blood vessel surgery (vascular and endovascular surgery), heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgery), heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiovascular diseases), and other areas have experience evaluating and treating aortic aneurysms. Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 6,500 people with aortic aneurysms each year.
Each Mayo Clinic location offers a vascular center, staffed by doctors and other specialists trained in vascular diseases. Vascular centers include the Gonda Vascular Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota and vascular centers at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Florida.
- Collaboration. Mayo Clinic doctors collaborate as a multidisciplinary team to diagnose and treat your condition.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise and experience treating people with aortic aneurysms with the most current treatments and surgeries, including endovascular repair surgery, open-abdominal and open-chest repair surgery, and other treatments.
- Latest diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic doctors use detailed imaging tests to accurately diagnose aortic aneurysms and determine the most appropriate treatment for you. Tests may include ultrasound, echocardiography, computerized tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and other tests.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study new and potential treatments for aortic aneurysms and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Sept. 23, 2014
- Overview of aortic aneurysms. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/diseases_of_the_aorta_and_its_branches/overview_of_aortic_aneurysms.html?qt=aortic%20aneurysm&alt=sh. Accessed July 10, 2014.
- What is an aneurysm? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arm/. Accessed July 10, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 25, 2014.