Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota, experts in psychiatry and psychology services use a team approach to evaluate and diagnose your anxiety disorder. These compassionate psychiatrists, psychologists and other mental health professionals listen patiently to thoroughly understand your concerns and health issues to create a treatment plan suited to your needs.
Unique, successful program for children and teens
The Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota diagnoses and treats children and teens. Parents are involved in their child's diagnosis and treatment sessions and learn how to effectively provide support during anxiety-inducing situations or periods. Weeklong intensive treatment programs are available for families without access to care in their home area.
Aug. 16, 2017
- Anxiety disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 24, 2015.
- Anxiety disorders. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml. Accessed Sept. 24, 2015.
- Cook, AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 14, 2015.
- Anxiety disorders. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Anxiety-Disorders/Overview. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Help with anxiety disorders. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/anxiety-disorders. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Reinhold JA, et al. Pharmacological treatment for generalized anxiety disorder in adults: An update. Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy. 2015;16:1669.
- Bandelow B, et al. Efficacy of treatments for anxiety disorders: A meta-analysis. International Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2015;30:183.
- Find support. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Find-Support. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Bazzan AJ, et al. Current evidence regarding the management of mood and anxiety disorders using complementary and alternative medicine. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2014;14:411.
- Natural medicines in the clinical management of anxiety. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Oct. 1, 2015.
- Sarris J, et al. Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, Part 2: A review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence. CNS Drugs. 2013;27:301.
- Bystritsky A. Complementary and alternative treatments for anxiety symptoms and disorders: Herbs and medications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 4, 2015.
- Bystritsky A. Pharmacotherapy for generalized anxiety disorder. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 4, 2015.
- Whiteside SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 27, 2015.
- Sawchuk CN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 6, 2015.