If a child tells you he or she is being abused, take the situation seriously. Here's how to respond.
Personality disorders affect the way you think, behave and relate to others. Learn about symptoms and treatments.
Coping and support
Take on damaging judgments based on false stereotypes.
Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Apr. 12, 2013
- Antisocial personality disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR. 4th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2000. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Paris J, et al. Antisocial and borderline personality disorders revisited. Comprehensive Psychiatry. In press. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Black DW. Antisocial personality disorder: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, course and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Black DW. Treatment of antisocial personality disorder. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Shi Z, et al. Childhood maltreatment and prospectively observed quality of early care as predictors of antisocial personality disorder features. Infant Mental Health Journal. 2012;33:55.
- Kendall T, et al. Borderline and antisocial personality disorders: Summary of NICE guidance. British Medical Journal. 2009;338:293.
- Alarcon RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 1013.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 1, 2013.