Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various life-threatening conditions. But it's easily detected — and you can work with your doctor to control it.
Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Apr. 15, 2014
- Giannakopoulos B, et al. Pathogenesis of the antiphospholipid syndrome. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:1033.
- What is antiphospholipid antibody syndrome? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/aps/. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Learning about antiphospholipid syndrome. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/pfv.cfm?pageID=17516396. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Bermas BL, et al. Pathogenesis of the antiphospholipid syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 5, 2013.
- Donadini MP, et al. Antiphospholipid syndrome: A challenging hypercoagulable state with systemic manifestations. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2010;24:669.
- Arnaud L, et al. Efficacy of aspirin for the primary prevention of thrombosis in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies: An international and collaborative meta-analysis. Autoimmunity Reviews. 2013 [In Press]. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Bermas BL, et al. Treatment of the antiphospholipid syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Lockshin MD. Pregnancy and antiphospholipid syndrome. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 2013;69:585.
- Wijetilleka S, et al. Novel insights into pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of antiphospholipid syndrome. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2012;24:473.
- Arachchillage AJ, et al. Use of new oral anticoagulants in antiphospholipid syndrome. Current Rheumatology Report. 2013;15:331.
- Blood thinner pills: Your guide to using them safely. Rockville, Md.: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.ahrq.gov/consumer/btpills.htm. Accessed Dec. 5, 2013.
- Dietary Reference Intakes for vitamin A, vitamin K, arsenic, boron, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silicon, vanadium, and zinc. Institute of Medicine. http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2001/Dietary-Reference-Intakes-for-Vitamin-A-Vitamin-K-Arsenic-Boron-Chromium-Copper-Iodine-Iron-Manganese-Molybdenum-Nickel-Silicon-Vanadium-and-Zinc.aspx. Accessed Dec. 5, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.