A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this procedure.
Fever, headache and stiff neck are common signs and symptoms of meningitis — an infection of the membranes and fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Find out what to expect during your endoscopy exam.
Jun. 10, 2014
- Wilson K. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of anthrax. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Hicks CW, et al. An overview of anthrax infection including the recently identified form of disease in injection drug users. Intensive Care Medicine. 2012;38:1092.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Anthrax. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/infectious_diseases/gram-positive_bacilli/anthrax.html. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Wilson K. Microbiology, pathogenesis, and epidemiology of anthrax. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Grey MR, et al., eds. The Bioterrorism Sourcebook. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=366&Sectionid=39825485. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Anthrax. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/anthrax/Pages/default.aspx#. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
- Hall JB, et al, eds. Principles of Critical Care. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2005. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=361&Sectionid=39866430. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Wilson K. Prevention of anthrax. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 26, 2014.
- Anthrax vaccine: What you need to know. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/anthrax.html. Accessed Feb. 25, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.