Natural products are available that may help some women who have difficulty reaching orgasm. These oils and supplements work by increasing sensation in the clitoris and surrounding tissue.
The following products may benefit some women with anorgasmia:
- Zestra. This botanical massage oil helps warm the clitoris and may increase sexual arousal and orgasm.
- ArginMax. This oral nutritional supplement contains L-arginine, a substance that relaxes blood vessels and increases blood flow to the genital area, and the clitoris in particular.
Talk with your doctor before trying any natural therapies. These products can cause side effects and may interact with other medications. Your doctor can help determine if they are safe for you.
Feb. 22, 2012
- Frank JE, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of female sexual dysfunction. American Family Physician. 2008;77:635.
- Kammerer-Doak D, et al. Female sexual function and dysfunction. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 2008;35:169.
- Kingsberg SA, et al. Female sexual disorders: Assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Urologic Clinics of North America. 2007;34:497.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2012: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05611-3..C2009-0-38601-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05611-3&uniqId=291436269-101. Accessed Jan. 9, 2012.
- Hales RE, et al. The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry. 5th ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2008. http://www.psychiatryonline.com/resourceToc.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed Jan. 9, 2012.
- Ginsberg TB. Aging and sexuality. The Medical Clinics of North America. 2006;90:1025.
- Shifren JL. Sexual dysfunction in women: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Jan. 11, 2012.
- Shifren JL. Sexual dysfunction in women: Epidemiology, risk factors, and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Jan. 11, 2012.
- IsHak WW, et al. Disorders of orgasm in women: A literature review of etiology and current treatments. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2010;7:3254.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins - Gynecology. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 119: Female sexual dysfunction. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;117:996.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.