Diabetes can damage nerves throughout your body — a condition known as diabetic neuropathy. Nerve damage can cause pain, disability and other serious complications.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Feb. 15, 2012
- Fealey RD, et al. Disorders of the eccrine sweat glands and sweating. In: Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2985825. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- No sweat? It's not always a dream come true. International Hyperhydrosis Society. http://www.sweatsolutions.org/SweatSolutions/Article.asp?ArticleCode=26497017&EditionCode=87373635. Accessed Oct. 14, 2011.
- More III JG. Disorders of the sweat glands. In: Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/164330502-2/899438951/1608/1544.html. Accessed Oct. 25,2011.
- Extreme heat: A prevention guide to promote your personal health and safety. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/heat_guide.asp. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- Advice for older adults on staying safe in hot weather. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/NewsAndEvents/PressReleases/PR20080731hyperthermia.htm. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- Cheshire WP, et al. Drug-induced hyperhidrosis and hypohidrosis. Drug Safety. 2008;31:109.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.