Diabetes can damage nerves throughout your body — a condition known as diabetic neuropathy. Nerve damage can cause pain, disability and other serious complications.
Tests and diagnosis
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Feb. 15, 2012
- Fealey RD, et al. Disorders of the eccrine sweat glands and sweating. In: Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2985825. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- No sweat? It's not always a dream come true. International Hyperhydrosis Society. http://www.sweatsolutions.org/SweatSolutions/Article.asp?ArticleCode=26497017&EditionCode=87373635. Accessed Oct. 14, 2011.
- More III JG. Disorders of the sweat glands. In: Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/164330502-2/899438951/1608/1544.html. Accessed Oct. 25,2011.
- Extreme heat: A prevention guide to promote your personal health and safety. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/heat_guide.asp. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- Advice for older adults on staying safe in hot weather. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/NewsAndEvents/PressReleases/PR20080731hyperthermia.htm. Accessed Oct. 25, 2011.
- Cheshire WP, et al. Drug-induced hyperhidrosis and hypohidrosis. Drug Safety. 2008;31:109.