Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Dec. 05, 2014
- NINDS Angelman syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/angelman/angelman.htm. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/angelman-syndrome. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome diagnostic criteria. Angelman Syndrome Foundation. http://www.angelman.org/understanding-as/medical-info/diagnostic-criteria/. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome diagnostic testing. Angelman Syndrome Foundation. http://www.angelman.org/understanding-as/medical-info/diagnostic-testing/. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Bailus BJ, et al. The prospect of molecular therapy for Angelman syndrome and other monogenic neurologic disorders. BMC Neuroscience. 2014;15:76.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.