Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Dec. 05, 2014
- NINDS Angelman syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/angelman/angelman.htm. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/angelman-syndrome. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome diagnostic criteria. Angelman Syndrome Foundation. http://www.angelman.org/understanding-as/medical-info/diagnostic-criteria/. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Angelman syndrome diagnostic testing. Angelman Syndrome Foundation. http://www.angelman.org/understanding-as/medical-info/diagnostic-testing/. Accessed Oct. 6, 2014.
- Bailus BJ, et al. The prospect of molecular therapy for Angelman syndrome and other monogenic neurologic disorders. BMC Neuroscience. 2014;15:76.