During pregnancy, a healthy diet is essential. Here are the nutrients that deserve special attention.
An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Aug. 19, 2014
- Your guide to anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/. Accessed June 26, 2014.
- Marx JA, et al. Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 26, 2014.
- Anemia. American Society of Hematology. http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Anemia/. Accessed June 26, 2014.
- Schrier SL. Approach to the adult patient with anemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 26, 2014.
- Anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/anemia/. Accessed Feb. 7, 2013.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Iron. Office of Dietary Supplements. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/. Accessed May 25, 2014.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Folate. Office of Dietary Supplements. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Folate-HealthProfessional/. Accessed May 25, 2014.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Vitamin C. Office of Dietary Supplements. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/. Accessed June 26, 2014.