Lifestyle and home remedies
Eat more fiber. You've probably heard it before. But do you know why fiber is so good for your health?
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Has your doctor recommended a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam? Here's what you need to know about preparation and the exam itself.
Treatments and drugs
Botox is used not only for wrinkles but for other conditions, as well. Here are the pros and cons of this popular treatment.
Dec. 04, 2012
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed Oct. 16, 2012.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-1604-7..C2009-0-42832-0--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-1604-7&uniqId=327451096-2. Accessed Oct. 16, 2012.
- Anal fissure. U.S. National Library of Medicine. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002116/. Accessed Oct. 17, 2012.
- Anal fissure. American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons. http://www.fascrs.org/patients/conditions/anal_fissure. Accessed Oct. 17, 2010.
- Zaghiyan KN, et al. Anal fissure. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2011;24(1):22.
- Etzioni DA. Current management of anal fissure. Seminars in Colon & Rectal Surgery. 2011;22:2.