Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are studying the latest in diagnosis and treatment of anal cancer.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications on anal cancer by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Anal cancer care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 18, 2017
- Deng GE, et al. Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for integrative oncology: Complementary therapies and botanicals. Journal of the Society for Integrative Oncology. 2009;7:85.
- Anal carcinoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 20, 2016.
- Anal cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/anal/patient/anal-treatment-pdq. Accessed May 20, 2016.
- Gardasil (prescribing information). Whitehouse Station, N.J.: Merck & Co. Inc.; 2015. http://www.gardasil.com. Accessed May 20, 2016.
- Cervarix (prescribing information). Research Triangle Park, N.C.: GlaxoSmithKline; 2012. https://gsksource.com/cervarix. Accessed May 20, 2016.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/taking-time. Accessed May 20, 2016.
- Palliative care. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 5, 2016.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 29, 2016.