Mayo Clinic researchers are conducting studies that may help:
- Define the mechanisms of amyloid formation
- Find biomarkers for AL amyloidosis
- Improve methods for identifying amyloid type
- Investigate outcomes for standard compared with high-dose chemotherapy combined with stem cell transplant
- Discover antibodies with the potential to dissolve amyloid deposits
Mayo Clinic researchers also conduct clinical trials of new amyloidosis treatments. Read more about research in the Mayo Clinic Protein Misfolding Laboratory.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on amyloidosis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 07, 2017
- Gorevic PD. An overview of amyloidsosis. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 27, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Amyloidosis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 27, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Renal amyloidosis (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Rajkumar SV. Clinical presentation, laboratory manifestations and diagnosis of immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis (primary amyloidosis). https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 27, 2017.
- Gorevic PD. Pathogenesis of secondary (AA) amyloidosis. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 27, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Cardiac amyloidosis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Gertz MA. Immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis: 2016 update on diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment. American Journal of Hematology. 2016;91:947.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. Treatment of Immunoglobulin Light Chain Amyloidosis: Mayo Stratification of Myeloma and Risk-Adapted Therapy (mSMART) Consensus Statement. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2015;90:1054.
- McKenna WJ. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of amyloid cardiomyopathy. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 16, 2017.
- Maurer MS, et al. Genotype and Phenotype of Transthyretin Cardiac Amyloidosis. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016;68:161.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 30, 2017.
- Gorevic PD. Genetic factors in the amyloid diseases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 27, 2017.
- Gertz MA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 1, 2017.
- Rajkumar SV, et al. International Myeloma Working Group updated criteria for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma. The Lancet oncology. 2014;15:e538.