Mayo Clinic specialists use the latest technology to pinpoint the type of amyloidosis you have. That information is important in determining the most effective treatment for you.
Mayo Clinic, in conjunction with the International Myeloma Working Group, developed diagnostic criteria for AL amyloidosis. Mayo Clinic researchers also have published studies advising hematologists on how to diagnose amyloidosis.
July 29, 2014
- Gorevic PD. An overview of amyloidsosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. When should light chain amyloidosis be suspected? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Rajkumar SV. Clinical presentation, laboratory manifestations and diagnosis of immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis (primary amyloidosis). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Gorevic PD. Causes and diagnosis of secondary (AA) amyloidosis and relation to rheumatic diseases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Gertz MA. Immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis: 2013 update on diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment. American Journal of Hematology. 2013;88:417.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. What do I need to know about immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis? Blood Reviews. 2012;26:137.
- Vrana JA, et al. Clinical diagnosis and typing of systemic amyloidosis in subcutaneous fat aspirates by mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Haematologica. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Warsame R, et al. Outcomes and treatments of patients with immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis who progress or relapse postautologous stem cell transplant. European Journal of Haematology. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. High sensitivity cardiac troponin T in patients with immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis. Heart. 2014;100:383.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 8, 2014.
- Gorevic PD. Genetic factors in the amyloid diseases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 11, 2014.