- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, digestive disease specialists (gastroenterologists), oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, pathologists and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with ampullary cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Ampullary cancer is a rare type of cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic specialists care for more than 400 people with ampullary cancer.
- Advanced diagnostic technology. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest technology, including narrow band imaging endoscopy, to help diagnose and assess ampullary cancers.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with ampullary cancer includes chemotherapy, radiation and several surgical procedures, such as the Whipple procedure, minimally invasive surgery and endoscopic surgery.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Mar. 21, 2014
- Martin JA, et al. Ampullary carcinoma: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and staging. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 22, 2013.
- Ryan DP, et al. Ampullary carcinoma: Treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 21, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 2, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.