Experiencing a life-threatening pregnancy condition can be frightening and stressful for you and your family. You and your baby might experience serious complications and require lengthy hospital stays.
During this challenging time, lean on loved ones for support. Consider joining a survivors' network. Also, work with your health care provider to determine how you can safely manage your recovery and your role as the mother of a newborn.
Sep. 27, 2012
- Monga M. Amniotic fluid embolism: A diagnostic dilemma. Critical Care Medicine. 2012;40:2236.
- Kramer MS, et al. Amniotic fluid embolism: Incidence, risk factors and impact on perinatal outcome. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2012;119:874.
- Knight M, et al. Amniotic fluid embolism incidence, risk factors and outcomes: A review and recommendations. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2012;12:7.
- Caputo M, et al. Severe ischemic complications caused by second trimester amniotic fluid embolism. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 2012;116:175.
- Benson MD. Current concepts of immunology and diagnosis in amniotic fluid embolism. Clinical and Developmental Immunology. 2012;2012:1.
- Roberts CL, et al. Amniotic fluid embolism in an Australian population-based cohort. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2010;117:1417.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6363736. Accessed July 18, 2012.
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology.10th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=9. Accessed July 18, 2012.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed July 18, 2012.
- Sibai BM. Management of Acute Obstetric Emergencies. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011:71.
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. 32nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: W.B. Saunders; 2011. http://dorlands.com/index.jsp. Accessed July 26, 2012.
- Abenhaim HA, et al. Incidence and risk factors of amniotic fluid embolisms: A population-based study on 3 million births in the United States. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2008;199:49.e1.
- Gist RS, et al. Amniotic fluid embolism. Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2009;108:1599.
- Baldisseri MR. Amniotic fluid embolism syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed July 31, 2012.