Menopause means an end to fertility, but you can stay healthy, vital and sexual.
Perimenopause — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment, self-care of this life transition for women.
Premature ovarian failure, an uncommon reproductive condition, can lead to infertility and other problems.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
How well do you know your menstrual cycle? Follow these tips to track your menstrual cycle and identify problems.
Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Treatments and drugs
Combination birth control pills — Overview covers definition, risks, instructions for using this type of contraception.
May. 09, 2014
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology.11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=788. Accessed Jan. 21, 2014.
- Klein DA, et al. Amenorrhea: An approach to diagnosis and management. American Family Physician. 2013;87:781.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 20, 2014.
- Welt CK, et al. Etiology, diagnosis and treatment of secondary amenorrhea. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2014.
- Welt CK, et al. Etiology, diagnosis and treatment of primary amenorrhea. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2014.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 20, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.