Sunscreen is an essential part of any sun protection plan. Here's what you need to know.
Tests and diagnosis
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Chemical peel — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this skin-resurfacing procedure.
Dermabrasion — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this skin-resurfacing procedure.
Feb. 24, 2011
- Goldstein BG, et al. Overview of benign lesions of the skin. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 13, 2010.
- Schaffer JV, et al. Benign pigmented skin lesions other than melanocytic nevi (moles). http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 13, 2010.
- Ortonne JP et al. Treatment of solar lentigines. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2006;54:S262.
- Melanoma (malignant melanoma). The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec10/ch128/ch128e.html. Accessed Dec. 14, 2010.
- Kang HY, et al. The role of topical retinoids in the treatment of pigmentary disorders: An evidence-based review. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. 2009;10:251.
- Draelos ZD. Skin lightening preparations and the hydroquinone controversy. Dermatologic Therapy. 2007;20:308.
- Facts about sunscreens. American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/media/background/factsheets/fact_sunscreen.htm. Accessed Dec. 14, 2010.
- Sun-protective clothing: Wear it well. Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt094.shtm. Accessed Dec. 14, 2010.