Mayo Clinic doctors have the knowledge and experience to provide whole-person care to those with adrenal cancers and to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, experts in endocrinology, surgery, oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and radiology form a multidisciplinary group to care for people with adrenal cancer. Other experts, including pediatric specialists, are included as needed.
- Diagnostic expertise. Adrenal cancer can be challenging to diagnose because the features of benign adrenal tumors and cancerous adrenal tumors can be similar. Mayo Clinic pathologists have experience analyzing adrenal tumors to help doctors make an accurate diagnosis and to help determine the most appropriate treatment.
- Experience. Adrenal cancers are rare, but Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience with these cancers. Each year, about 150 people with adrenal cancer seek care at Mayo Clinic.
- Advanced treatments. Highly skilled surgeons at Mayo Clinic have the experience necessary to perform complex adrenal cancer operations.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 16, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Adrenocortical carcinoma. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Cancer of the endocrine system. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Jameson JL, et al., eds. Adrenal surgery. Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Adrenocortical carcinoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/adrenocortical/patient/adrenocortical-treatment-pdq. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Kerkhofs TMA, et al. Developing treatment for adrenocortical carcinoma. Endocrine-Related Cancer. 2015;22:R325.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 29, 2015.