- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, gynecologists work with gynecologic surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists to form a multidisciplinary team to care for women with adnexal tumors. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating adnexal tumors. Each year Mayo Clinic doctors care for about 1,300 women with adnexal tumors.
- Latest diagnostic techniques. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest in diagnostic technology to quickly and accurately diagnose adnexal tumors. Mayo Clinic pathologists are skilled in assessing adnexal tumor samples to determine if they are cancerous.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May 22, 2014
- Muto MG. Management of an adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2013.
- Muto MG. Approach to the patient with an adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 30, 2013.