- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, gynecologists work with gynecologic surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists to form a multidisciplinary team to care for women with adnexal tumors. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating adnexal tumors. Each year Mayo Clinic doctors care for about 1,300 women with adnexal tumors.
- Latest diagnostic techniques. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest in diagnostic technology to quickly and accurately diagnose adnexal tumors. Mayo Clinic pathologists are skilled in assessing adnexal tumor samples to determine if they are cancerous.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
May 22, 2014
- Muto MG. Management of an adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2013.
- Muto MG. Approach to the patient with an adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 18, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 30, 2013.