Mayo Clinic's Department of Psychiatry and Psychology conducts research to compare various treatment models and find the most effective treatments for ADHD, which involves analyzing long-term outcomes of children with ADHD. Researchers are also investigating genetics and treatment response with ADHD medication.
See a list of publications on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
March 11, 2016
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 9, 2015.
- Rostain A, et al. Toward quality care in ADHD: Defining the goals of treatment. Journal of Attention Disorders. 2015;19:99.
- Vande Voort JL, et al. Impact of the DSM-5 attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder age-of-onset criterion in the US adolescent population. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2014;53:736.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 18, 2015.
- Rowland AS, et al. The prevalence of ADHD in a population-based sample. Journal of Attention Disorders. 2015;19:741.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- For parents and caregivers. National Resource Center on ADHD. http://www.chadd.org/Understanding-ADHD/For-parents-caregivers.aspx. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). American Academy of Family Physicians. http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd.html. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Harris MN, et al. ADHD and learning disabilities in former late preterm infants: A population-based birth cohort. Pediatrics. 2013;132:e630.
- ADHD. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/ADHD/Overview. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Bader A, et al. Complementary and alternative therapies for children and adolescents with ADHD. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2012;24:760.
- Southammakosane C, et al. Pediatric psychopharmacology for treatment of ADHD, depression, and anxiety. Pediatrics. 2015;136:351.
- Connolly JJ, et al. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and pharmacotherapy — Past, present, and future: A review of the changing landscape of drug therapy. Therapeutic Innovation and Regulatory Science. 2015;49:632.
- Levy S, et al. Childhood ADHD and risk for substance dependence in adulthood: A longitudinal, population-based study. PLOS One. 2014;9:e105640.
- Bhagia J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 21, 2016.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children