Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 29, 2017
- Goldberg E, et al. Acute liver failure in adults: Etiology, clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2017.
- Goldberg E, et al. Acute liver failure in adults: Management and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2017.
- Liver wellness. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/education/downloads/. Accessed March 7, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Acute liver failure. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 7, 2017.
- Bernal W, et al. Acute liver failure. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369:2525.
- Bernsten A, et al., eds. Liver Failure. In: Oh's Intensive Care Manual, 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- Flamm SL, et al. American Gastroenterological Association Institute Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Acute Liver Failure. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:644.
- Roy-Chowdhury N, et al. Hepatocyte transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 24, 2017.
- Cooper DK, et al. Pig liver xenotransplantation: A review of progress toward the clinic. Transplantation. 2016;100:2039.
- Karvellas CJ, et al. Current evidence for extracorporeal liver support systems in acute liver failure and acute-on-chronic liver failure. Critical Care Clinics. 2016;32:439.
- Yin M, et al. Distinguishing between hepatic inflammation and fibrosis with MR elastography. Radiology. In press. Accessed March 24, 2017.
- Carbon tetrachloride. Environmental Protection Agency. https://www.epa.gov/foia/carbon-tetrachlorideox-frequently-asked-question Accessed April 17, 2017.
- Picco M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 17, 2017.
- Rajan E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 17, 2017.