Coping and support
Lifestyle and home remedies
Learn ways to trim the fat from meat and poultry without sacrificing taste and enjoyment.
Find out your heart disease risk and what you can do to reduce it.
Tests and diagnosis
A coronary angiogram uses special X-rays to examine the inside of your heart's blood vessels. Find out what to expect when you have the procedure.
Treatments and drugs
Coronary angioplasty and stents can reopen clogged heart arteries if buildup of plaques is causing chest pain, shortness of breath or a heart attack.
May 06, 2016
- Acute coronary syndrome. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/SearchResults?query=acute+coronary+syndrome. Accessed Feb. 9, 2016.
- Timmis A. Acute coronary syndromes. BMJ. 2015;351:h5153.
- Reeder GS, et al. Initial evaluation and management of suspected acute coronary syndrome (myocardial infarction, unstable angina) in the emergency room. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 9, 2016.
- Who is at risk for coronary heart disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cad/atrisk. Accessed Feb. 11, 2016.
- Myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) test. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartAttack/Myocardial-Perfusion-Imaging-MPI-Test_UCM_446352_Article.jsp#.VtMi8xh4yPU. Accessed Feb. 12, 2016.
- Prem S, et al. Noninvasive imaging and stress testing in patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 12, 2016.
- Cardiac medications. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/PreventionTreatmentofHeartAttack/Cardiac-Medications_UCM_303937_Article.jsp#.VtMjlhh4yPU. Accessed Feb. 12, 2016.
- Cayla G, et al. Updates and current recommendations for the management of patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: What it means for clinical practice. American Journal of Cardiology. 2015;115:10A.
- Cardiac procedures and surgeries. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/PreventionTreatmentofHeartAttack/Cardiac-Procedures-and-Surgeries_UCM_303939_Article.jsp#.VtMj5hh4yPU. Accessed Feb. 12, 2016.