If you experience the sudden onset of chest pain or other symptoms of acute coronary syndrome, get emergency care immediately or call 911.
Your description of symptoms provides important information to help an emergency medical team make a diagnosis. Be prepared to answer the following questions.
- When did signs or symptoms appear?
- How long did they last?
- What symptoms are you currently experiencing?
- How would you describe the pain?
- Where is the pain located?
- How would you rate the severity of pain?
- Does anything worsen or lessen the symptoms?