A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Gamma Knife radiosurgery gives doctors pinpoint accuracy in treating a number of brain disorders, all without ever opening the skull.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Apr. 16, 2013
- Acoustic neuroma. American Hearing Research Foundation. http://american-hearing.org/disorders/acoustic-neuroma/. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma) and neurofibromatosis. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/pages/acoustic_neuroma.aspx. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Park JK, et al. Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Evans DG. Neurofibromatosis type 2. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 18, 2012.
- Hearing testing. American Hearing Research Foundation. http://american-hearing.org/disorders/hearing-testing/. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Vestibular testing. American Hearing Research Foundation. http://american-hearing.org/disorders/vestibular-testing/. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- McDonald R. Acoustic neuroma: What the evidence says about evaluation and treatment. The Journal of Family Practice. 2011;60:E1.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for patients with vestibular schwannomas. International RadioSurgery Association. http://www.irsa.org/acoustic_neuroma.html. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Support group overview. Acoustic Neuroma Association. http://www.anausa.org/index.php/support-groups. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Caregivers overview. Acoustic Neuroma Association. http://www.anausa.org/index.php/caregivers. Accessed Dec. 19, 2012.
- Neff BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 26, 2013.
- Carlson ML, et al. Long-term audiometric outcomes following low-dose stereotactic radiosurgery for vestibular schwannoma: Patterns of hearing loss and variables influencing audiometric decline. Journal of Radiosurgery. In press. Accessed Feb. 27, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 27, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.