People with an Achilles tendon rupture commonly seek immediate treatment at a hospital's emergency department. You might also need to consult with doctors specializing in sports medicine or orthopedic surgery.
What you can do
Write a list that includes:
- Detailed descriptions of the symptoms and how and when the injury occurred
- Information about past medical problems
- All the medications and dietary supplements you take, including doses
- Questions to ask the doctor
What to expect from your doctor
The doctor may ask you some of the following questions:
- How did this injury occur?
- Did you feel or hear a popping or snapping sound when it happened?
- Can you stand on tiptoe on that foot?