The physicians who perform cosmetic surgery at Mayo Clinic are board-certified specialists experienced in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. The Mayo Clinic's cosmetic surgery team will take time to explain all aspects of care, including cost and complications, and to address your questions and concerns.
Cosmetic surgery patients have access to the same world-class medical professionals, facilities and technology and the same level of service available to every Mayo Clinic patient.
Also, Mayo Clinic can address other medical needs at the same time. Virtually all medical services a patient might need — doctor visits, testing, surgery, hospital care — are available "under one roof" at Mayo Clinic. The scheduling of these services is done in a coordinated and efficient way, so that care can usually be completed in a few days.
At Mayo Clinic, you can be treated in private and return home recovered and renewed.
July 19, 2017
- Neligan PC. Managing the cosmetic patient. In: Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Cosmetic procedure questions. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/PatientSafetyPreProcedureQuestionnaire.aspx. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Questions to ask your plastic surgeon. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/patient-safety?sub=Questions+to+Ask+Your+Plastic+Surgeon. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Neligan PC. Patient safety in plastic surgery. In: Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Quit smoking before your operation. American College of Surgeons. https://www.facs.org/education/patient-education/patient-resources/prepare/quit-smoking. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Patient safety tips. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. http://www.surgery.org/consumers/patient-safety/surgical-risks-overview. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Tummy tuck guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. http://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body/tummy-tuck-guide/. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Ericksen WL1, Billick SB. Psychiatric issues in cosmetic plastic surgery. Psychiatry Quarterly. 2012;83:343.