Reputation and rankings
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals
U.S. News & World Report has named Mayo Clinic to its annual list of "Best Hospitals" for more than 20 years. Hospitals named to the Honor Roll are part of a small group recognized for breadth of excellence.
To be included on the Honor Roll, a medical center must rank at or near the top in at least six of the 16 medical specialties included in the rankings. Mayo Clinic consistently ranks high for gastroenterology, kidney disease and disorders, heart care, cancer, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, and other specialties.
U.S. News & World Report rankings are based on factors such as mortality index, patient safety, nurse staffing and Magnet status, patient services, and technology. Current U.S. News & World Report transplant-related rankings include:
- Cardiology and heart care
- Diabetes and endocrinology
- Ear, nose and throat
Reputation and rankings by program
- 2011 Health Resources and Services Administration/Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance Awards
- Heart Transplant — Mayo Clinic in Florida and Arizona, Bronze Award
- Kidney Transplant — Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, Bronze Award
- Liver Transplant — Mayo Clinic in Florida, Gold Award (sole Gold Award given)
- LifeSource 2011 Outstanding Donation Advocate of the Year