Patient and Family Advisory Council
Mayo Clinic Transplant Center's Patient and Family Advisory Council includes patients (transplant recipients) from each transplant program, patients' caregivers and transplant staff.
The council requests and incorporates patient and caregiver ideas and opinions when considering potential changes or new approaches in many areas of transplant services. The council focuses on how to best meet patients' needs before, during and after transplant.
In the monthly meetings, the patients and caregivers on the council discuss many aspects of transplant services, including:
- Patient and caregiver wellness during and following transplant
- Transplant practice ideas
- Patient education about transplant services
- Caregiver education
- Innovative approaches to connect with patients at various stages of the transplant process
- Health literacy
- Mindfulness and stress reduction
- Potential space redesign and lobby setup
- Website changes
- Annual transplant patient picnic planning