Mayo Clinic's multispecialty approach gives patients access to a broad range of expertise and sports medicine services, including:
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sports and activity-related injuries
- Evaluation of problems specific to the female athlete
- Fitness assessment programs to improve sports performance, fitness and health
- Diet analysis and nutrition counseling
- Access to some of the finest rehabilitation exercise equipment and personnel available
- Adolescent and pediatric sports pre-participation exams at Mayo Clinic and within the community
Sports medicine specialists are involved in research and education to enhance the care and performance of athletes. Mayo Clinic offers sports education programs for health care providers, coaches and athletes locally, nationally and internationally.