Vestibular (inner ear balance) therapy is an exercise program designed by specially trained therapists to help you compensate for a loss or imbalance within the vestibular system.
You will receive a thorough evaluation on your first visit from an experienced occupational therapist or physical therapist. The therapist will develop a personalized treatment program which will include:
- Information about your condition
- Exercises and activities
- Ways to increase safety and independence at home, work and in the community
- Adaptive equipment recommendations
- Referrals to other health care professionals
- Information on national support organizations for people with dizziness, balance disorders and related hearing problems
A physician referral is required before you can schedule an appointment with a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services.