The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) provides inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation care.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Treatment is available 365 days a year at Mayo Clinic Hospital, as well as consults for transfers from other hospitals. Primary treatment reasons include:
- Neurological disorders (e.g., multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, non-traumatic myelopathy, Guillain-Barre syndrome)
- Complex postoperative rehabilitation for orthopedic procedures (joint replacement, etc.)
PM&R staff provide evaluations, diagnoses and compassionate care for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Spinal disorders (e.g., spinal stenosis, radiculopathies). Can also involve referral to Neurosurgery or the Pain Clinic.
- Musculoskeletal disorders, including:
- Neurological disorders (e.g., multiple sclerosis, stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson's disease). Can also involve consultations with neurological and neurosurgical specialty clinics.
Therapy services are available at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix and Mayo Arrowhead Family Medicine. We offer the following special services:
- Certified hand therapists
- Certified vestibular specialists
- Certified lymphedema specialists
- Certified geriatric specialists
- Bowel and bladder rehabilitation
- Allen cognitive assessments
- Runners' evaluations/sports rehabilitation
- Certified orthopedic specialists