Doctors in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology engage in a wide spectrum of research to improve your care. Areas of particular interest include:
- Uterine (endometrial) and ovarian cancer treatment, including pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy, surgical debulking, radiation, and intravenous and intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Surgical morbidity and mortality prevention and predictors of surgical and postoperative complications
- Biology of uterine and ovarian cancers, and identification of molecular predictors of prognosis
- Identification of women who are at high risk for developing uterine cancer
- Cancer prevention strategies
- Pregnancy complications, including the molecular mechanisms of pre-eclampsia
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital malformations and fetal maturity
- Heart problems during pregnancy
- Treatment of uterine fibroids
- The role(s) of inflammation in polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Endometrial receptivity and implantation
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and prolapse
Search for clinical trials being conducted by Mayo Clinic researchers.
See a list of Mayo Clinic publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 18, 2015